عزيزي الزائر أنت تستخدم متصفح قديم ولا يقبل التقنيات الحديثة .. يرجى الترقية إلى آخر إصدار أو استخدام متصفح فيرفوكس - FireFox المجاني

Northern Sudan
Share |

Sai Island
wadi halfa site
Christian Houses with Mosque behind in Sai Fort
museum model
Sai Town

The site has multiple occupations the most readily visible is the New Kingdom Fort that was reused in the Medieval Period. It was called “Sha’at” in the New Kingdom. It is surrounded by Paleolithic, Pre Kerma, Pharaonic and Meroitic sites. To the north of the island is the Cathedral. The region’s history dates from the Paleolithic to the late Medieval. The Fort was founded by Ahmose, and then overbuilt by Amenhotep I and his successors. It was reoccupied in the Meroitic, Christian and Ottoman periods and shows a wealth of different occupational levels. Many of the Ottoman buildings were never recorded in the rush to get to the earlier periods.

Soleb and Sedeinga - New Kingdom Temples
Soleb Temple
Solar court of Soleb Temple
Sedeinga Temple
Hator Column of Sedeinga Temple
The most important monument at Soleb is the Amun temple built by the King Amenhotep III (XVIII Dynasty) by the same architect who built his funerary temple in Luxor, Amenhotep son of Hapu. On the walls are famous scenes representing the king’s Jubilee “Sed Festival”. The town was surrounded by a wall, now eroded. The necropolis, in use already in Prehistoric times, was reused during the New Kingdom in the reign of the King Tuthmosis III, near-by a large Meroitic necropolis is located. Sedeinga is famous for the temple of the Queen Tiy, wife of the King Amenophi III. Of these monuments only a Hathor column is still standing; the other remains lie on the ground. The name of this monument was Adaya “Hat-Tiye” (House of Tiy). The area is very rich in remains dated to the XXV Dynasty. A big necropolis composed of 400 pyramids in mud brick covered an area of almost more than one km. One of these pyramids is said to be the real tomb of Taharqa. Scenes of the Sed Feast, the portrait of this King and his cartouche are carved on it.
Sesebi - New Kingdom Fort and Aten Temple
wadi halfa site
Sesebi Temple
museum model
Plan of temple town

The Temple Town is approximately 200 x 150m in area and consists of the stone built temple with Mud brick magazines and a residential area. The town was founded by Amenophis IV (Akhenaten) and Seti I later converted the temple from an Aton Temple to an Amun Temple. A ditched enclosure in the centre of the town may denote an earlier fort. The town would seem to have had little later occupation. Traces of Ballana culture were found in the area. An Ottoman Fort covers the near bye Jebel Sese.

 

Kerma - Capital of 3rd Cataract
KermaDeffufa
Kerma Deffufa
KermaAtenTemple
Kerma Aten Temple
The site is massive covering 20 square Km comprising the Western Deffufa, the Eastern Deffufa and Dokki Gel and a number of other small sites. Pre-Kerma culture equates to the A Group, (3500 – 2200 BC) but Kerma site’s history begins in the late 3rd Millennium and extends into the late New Kingdom. Early Kerma culture dates to 2100 BC, Middle Kerma 2000 BC to 1700 BC and Classic Kerma to 1700- 1550 BC disappearing with the New Kingdom Conquest which leaves its record until the late 13th C BC, although some aspects of Kerma culture survived until 1450 BC. The site continued in use into the Napatan and Meroitic periods.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Images Gallery :